MMCG Master Chef Competition
The MMCG Master Chef 2023 cook-off took place recently at The Brakes Development Kitchen in Reading and the winner was announced at our care awards ceremony on July 20th.
We had six finalists attend the competition from Acorn House, Belmont House, Birch Heath Lodge, Eltandia Hall, Lace Hill and Gateford Hill. They all cooked a fabulous three-course-meal, inspired by their favourite recipes and the meals that they enjoy cooking for the people who live in their care homes.
It’s not just about delicious food at MMCG, but it’s also the home-from-home dining experience that our chefs provide which makes them stand out. Our Hug on a Plate programme ensures that every meal is ‘always fresh, always home cooked, and always served with care’. Our chefs aim to create the most positive dining experiences, making sure they understand everyone’s likes, dislikes and preferences.
We would like to say a big thank you to our suppliers for making the day a great success and experience for our chefs. Thanks to:
• Countrywide healthcare and Steelite International EMEA for providing the crockery
• NCB Foodservice for the fruit, herb, and seed boxes
• MPP for the gift vouchers and mugs
• Corporate wear for supplying the aprons
• Brakes for supplying all the ingredients used by our contestants and the use of their innovation kitchen.
The winner was selected by our incredible judges, Darren Northeast, Sally Harrison-Exton and Sam Tippins so a huge congratulations to Michael Craig from Birch Heath Lodge for winning both the cook-off and award!