Celebrating those that give their all - the Maria Mallaband and Countrywide Care annual awards.
We know that we are nothing at all without our fantastic people – the individuals and teams who make up the Maria Mallaband family – so our seventh annual company-wide awards were the perfect opportunity to recognise and celebrate some of our high flyers who have given their all over the past 12 months and made a real difference for those living in our homes and their families.
It has been a challenging year for us all, but we have seen time and time again team members stepping up and going above and beyond to ensure that those living within our homes continued to get the very best care.
So competition was fierce for the Maria Mallaband and Countrywide Care Awards 2021, held on Friday September 24, when glittering awards were handed out to 15 deserving winners –a representative few of the many we know are working hard each day within our teams.
With categories across every area including care, nursing, catering, housekeeping, training, activities, hospitality, support services, maintenance and management, the awards sought to celebrate outstanding achievement and highlight the importance of every job role.
And of course, among the prizes was the coveted Care Home of the Year – which this year went to Belvoir Vale Care Home in Nottinghamshire. The team there has seen the home through from a difficult time with low occupancy in 2020, working with the local community, upgrading the home and coming up with innovative ideas to bring new families in, while maintaining their positive outlook throughout. Together they have worked towards their goal of creating the perfect environment for both those living in the home and staff.
Other winners include:
- Best Newcomer - Angela Galloway, Willow Bank
- Administrator of the Year - Michael Lawrence, Willow Bank
- Care Practitioner of the Year – Cristina Volosetchi, Cedar Court & Richard Stevenson, Yohden
- Carer of the Year - Kimberley McCracken, Glennie House
- Deputy Manager of the Year – Yousuf Kutty-Magar, Cedar Court & Sue Simpkin, The Moors
- Hospitality Hero - Angela Close, Princess Lodge
- Housekeeping Highflyer - Ruth Pearson, Willowdene
- Maintenance Person of the Year - John Harte, Allingham House
- Masterchef - Kevin Warner, The Moors
- Manager of the year - Rares Pop, Princess Lodge
- Most Innovative Activities Programme - Michael Gains, Cedar Court
- Nurse of the year - Michelle Butler, Clarendon Court
- Support Service Superstar - Chris Holland, Head Office
- Training Champion - James Aylmer, Dussindale Park
Huge congratulations to all our brilliant winners and finalists - and a big well done to every member of the teams across the Maria Mallaband family for all your hard work and commitment to being the best you can be.